June 18, 2007
Click above for full KJV Online
Thought for the day:previous - - - - - - - - - - - - next
Following Scripture Verses
Click above to go directly to TFD
- (A Psalm of David.) Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.
- Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
- For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.
- I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.
- I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
- I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:
- That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
- LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
- Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:
- In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.
- But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
- My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.
Back to Top
- (A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
- Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
- One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
- For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
- And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
- Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
- When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
- Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
- When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
- Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
- Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
- I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Back to Top
- (A Psalm of David.) Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
- Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
- Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
- Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.
- Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up.
- Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
- The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
- The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
- Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.
Back to Top
- (A Psalm of David.) Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
- Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
- The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters.
- The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
- The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
- He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
- The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.
- The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
- The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.
- The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.
- The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.
Back to Top
- (A Psalm and Song at the dedication of the house of David.) I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
- O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
- O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
- Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
- For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
- LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
- I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication.
- What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?
- Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper.
- Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
- To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
Back to Top
- (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
- Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
- For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
- Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
- Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
- I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.
- I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
- And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.
- Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
- For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
- I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.
- I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
- For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.
- But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.
- My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
- Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.
- Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
- Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
- Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
- Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
- Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
- For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
- O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
- Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
Back to Top
Thought for the day:
You may click on verses for Scripture
Psalm 27 is a great song of praise unto the Lord for His care and protection of the believer in times of difficulty. It opens with the great words of testimony,
"The Lord is my light and my salvation."
What a wonderful expression concerning our Lord! Jehovah is indeed our salvation. He is the Author of salvation, the Provider of salvation, and the ultimate Benefit of salvation. He has made a way for sinful men to be reconciled to Himself, and He has allowed the redeemed to bring the message to folks like you and me so that we could receive Christ. Upon receiving His gift of salvation the Lord promises me a home in Heaven where I will be eternally saved from all that is sinful, sorrowful or painful. In addition to being my Salvation, He is also my Light. He is the Light that brings salvation, but He is more than that. He is the Light that guides me through the dark pathways of life. He is the Light that illuminates to me the truths of the Word of God. He is the Light that reveals my sinfulness and brings me to the point of repentance and confession.
It is interesting to me that David immediately follows this statement with the question :
"Whom shall I fear?".
While all believers will pay lip service to the fact that the Lord is Salvation and Light, most forget those truths when the problems of life come around. When someone or something fearsome comes my way, the Lord is still my Salvation and Light. According to verse 2, when the wicked show up, even those who specifically wish to do me grave harm, they will stumble and fall at a word from my God. Though they be large in number (3), and though their opposition escalates into a full fledged warfare, yet I can be confident in my Salvation and Light. He promises that He will hide me in His tabernacle (6), and that He will set me upon a rock. I think the rock carries two ideas. First, He will set me high on a rock where no enemies can reach me. Second, after He has destroyed my enemies, He will set me up above the vanquished. Verse 6 adds that He will lift up my head above my enemies, which indicates that He will cause me to triumph over them.
In verse 7 David cries out to the Lord in his distress, pleading for mercy. Note that he does so because God has told him to. Verse 8 tells us that the Lord instructed David to seek His face. In the same way, God desires for us to seek Him. In Jeremiah 33:3 Jehovah tells His people to "call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things." God wants me to call out to Him in times of trouble, because He wants to be merciful to me and bring me out of the danger.
Verse 10 has always been a great blessing to me, and is a verse that I have often used to encourage others. There David says, "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up." I do not know what it is like to be forsaken by my parents, nor any close relative, but I do know what it is like to be turned on by a friend. David says that when all our earthly relations have abandoned us, and when those who should care the most about us don't care at all, that we need not give up, for the Lord will care for us. What a great encouragement! Even when no one else is around, God is there. When no one else is interested, God cares. When all the world opposes you, God will protect you. He is your Light and your Salvation, and He will keep you from fainting (13) if you trust in Him.
Pastor Dr. Mark J Montgomery