Ambassador Baptist Church
We at Ambassador Baptist Church understand the potentially serious nature of Covid-19, and it is our desire to do what is appropriate in these difficult times.
and the Coronavirus Situation
There are four different concepts that have factored into our decision making.
Therefore, Ambassador Baptist Church has made the following decisions.
- We want to do our best to keep our church members and friends, as well as our community, safe and healthy (Galatians 6:10).
- We want to do our best to obey the dictates of our government, provided the edicts of the land do not violate the edicts of the Lord (Rom 13:1-2; Acts 4:19; 5:29).
- The local church is important to God, and should be to us as well (I Timothy 3:15; Ephesians 5:25).
- It is important for the church to offer both teaching and fellowship to it's members and the community, in spite of difficulties that may arise (Acts 2:42).
The verse that I have chosen to guide us through this time is Psalm 37:3
- We are still open. We are considered to be a life-sustaining or essential business in Pennsylvania, so there is no issue with the Government in this regard.
- On Sundays we are meeting at the church for Sunday School at 9:45 and the Morning Service at 11:00. Beginning June 7th we will be resuming our Afternoon Service at 1:15, and we will also resume our Fellowship Lunch between the morning and afternoon service. We are meeting at the church for the Thursday night Prayer Meeting and Bible Study at 7:00.
- Pastor Montgomery is still keeping the same basic office hours that he has kept in the past.
- All services are being made available online, and we encourage those who should stay at home to stay at home and participate with us online. These livestreams are done both through Google Hangouts and Facebook. Google Hangouts is by invitation only, so if you wish to participate that way you need to contact Pastor Montgomery and give him your email address so you can be sent an invitation. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can use Facebook, I would recommend that you watch the services that way. You may click here or if you prefer search Facebook for Ambassador Baptist Church Pittsburgh, two different Facebook sites come up. You want the one on Babcock Blvd. that has a photo of the Pittsburgh skyline at the top as well as a hand drawn picture of the church building on the left.
- WPTI courses are still being livestreamed online, and past courses are still available
- Hand sanitizer is available at the church door, as are vinyl gloves and Purell wipes.
- The church is being cleaned and sanitized by a professional cleaner.
- Social distancing is being practiced at all services. The church building is large enough to allow that to happen.
- Please use common sense in determining whether or not you should attend services at the church. If you are running a fever, or have other symptoms of Covid-19, please wait until your symptoms are gone before coming to the church. If you have been exposed to someone who has Covid-19, please use discretion about how long to wait before coming to the church.
- Our van ministry is now limited. We are no longer picking up men at the shelters because it is impossible for them to practice social distancing at the shelters, and equally impossible to protect them in the van where they would be forced to sit shoulder to shoulder with as many as ten men in there at once.
- We have been limited in some of our ministries. We are no longer preaching at the Rescue Mission on Saturday mornings, nor are we having services at Arden Courts or MeTowers. We will resume them as soon as the virus situation improves.
- We are encouraging our people to maintain contact with each other as best they can through phone calls, texts, emails, or any other means that are safe.
"Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed." May the Lord bless you as you trust Him and obey Him.