Pathways Through Proverbs
March 10, 2008
Today's Reading - Proverbs 10
Click above for full KJV Online
Today's Pathway:previous - - - - - - - - - - - - next
Click above to go directly to TP
Following Scripture Verses
- The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother.
- Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death.
- The LORD will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish: but he casteth away the substance of the wicked.
- He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.
- He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.
- Blessings are upon the head of the just: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
- The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot.
- The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
- He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.
- He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.
- The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
- Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
- In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.
- Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.
- The rich man's wealth is his strong city: the destruction of the poor is their poverty.
- The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin.
- He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.
- He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.
- In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
- The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth.
- The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.
- The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
- It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
- The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.
- As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.
- As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.
- The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
- The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.
- The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
- The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
- The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
- The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.
Back to Top
Today's pathway gives us an interesting glimpse into the life of a wicked man. The Bible compares him to a whirlwind. There are two things about the whirlwind that we need to notice. First of all, it causes quite a stir while it is around. When a tornado comes through town it knocks down trees, overturns cars and does great amounts of damage in a brief amount of time. It is very powerful, and there is almost nothing that a human can do to stop its rampage. So it is with evildoers. They can cause much heartache for a Christian. They can turn the lives of those who want to serve the Lord upside down. They can even destroy a community with their wicked behavior. And it seems that usually there is nothing that the believer can do about it. We have all listened to the news or read the paper and thought about how it seems like evil is flourishing and the hands of the Christians are tied. Sometimes, we even wonder why God allows this to happen.
You may click on verses for Scripture
However, we must not be discouraged, and we certainly should never be envious of the ungodly. Though the wicked may seem to have their way, the Bible says that they will ultimately pass away. If it does not happen during their lifetimes, it will certainly take place in eternity. In contrast, the righteous man stands forever. God has promised to provide for him during this life, and he has a home in Heaven awaiting him in the next. Hopefully, none of us would be foolish enough to trade the blessings of God for a few years of prosperous wickedness.
Evil men come and go. Godly men stand forever.
Pastor Mark J Montgomery