Pathways Through Proverbs
May 28, 2008
Today's Reading - Proverbs 28
Click above for full KJV Online
Today's Pathway:previous - - - - - - - - - - - - next
Click above to go directly to TP
Following Scripture Verses
- He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
- When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
- Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father: but he that keepeth company with harlots spendeth his substance.
- The king by judgment establisheth the land: but he that receiveth gifts overthroweth it.
- A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his feet.
- In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare: but the righteous doth sing and rejoice.
- The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.
- Scornful men bring a city into a snare: but wise men turn away wrath.
- If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest.
- The bloodthirsty hate the upright: but the just seek his soul.
- A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
- If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants are wicked.
- The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lighteneth both their eyes.
- The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be established for ever.
- The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
- When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increaseth: but the righteous shall see their fall.
- Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.
- Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
- A servant will not be corrected by words: for though he understand he will not answer.
- Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
- He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child shall have him become his son at the length.
- An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.
- A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
- Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and bewrayeth it not.
- The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
- Many seek the ruler's favour; but every man's judgment cometh from the LORD.
- An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.
Back to Top
Faithfulness is a great virtue. Not every man has intelligence, talent, or physical stamina, but any man can be faithful. It is not a predisposition that we are born with, but rather is a choice that we make.
You may click on verses for Scripture
The Bible tells us that faithfulness is a rare quality. Proverbs 20:6 states that it is difficult to find a faithful man. This is because most men are governed by their flesh. They make their decisions based upon what feels good, or how these choices will impact their day or their finances. They give very little thought to their personal responsibilities before a holy God. They have not matured spiritually to the place where they are going to do what God said regardless of how inconvenient it might be. Thus, their faithfulness is dependent upon "what's in it for me", and a man who is this self-centered can not expect to see the blessings of God upon his life.
Solomon writes that a faithful man shall abound in blessings. Jesus echoed this in Matthew 25:21:
"His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things."
He also stated in Luke 16:10,
"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much."
In other words, a man who can be trusted to handle the little things of life faithfully can be entrusted with the major issues of life, and God will place him in a position of leadership and blessing.
Are you faithful to the Lord, your spouse, your church, and your employer? The blessings of God are contingent upon your answer.
Pastor Mark J Montgomery