Pathways Through Proverbs
June 2, 2008
Today's Reading - Proverbs 2
Click above for full KJV Online
Today's Pathway:previous - - - - - - - - - - - - next
Click above to go directly to TP
Following Scripture Verses
- My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
- So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
- Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
- If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
- Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
- For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
- He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
- He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
- Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
- When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
- Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
- To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;
- Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
- Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;
- Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:
- To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
- Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
- For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead.
- None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.
- That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.
- For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it.
- But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.
Back to Top
In today's verse Solomon spells out four benefits that Biblical wisdom will give to those who posses it. First of all, it will help them understand righteousness. They will begin by understanding the righteousness of God. Once they know Who He is, then they will begin to understand how He wants them to behave. They will learn what holiness and virtue are. They will realize how vitally important it is for the believer to walk in accordance with the character of God.
You may click on verses for Scripture
Second, wisdom will teach its followers to understand judgment. They will learn how to make right decisions. Because they are learning about the attributes of God, and are being taught His Word, they will start to see how His righteousness applies to their everyday decisions. They will discern between good and evil. They will see that their choices matter, and they will start making good ones.
Third, wisdom will teach equity. This word means to be upright, straight, and in agreement. A man who has wisdom will know how to be in agreement with God and how to conform himself to the standard that the Lord has established. In addition, he will know how to deal fairly with those around him. He will be upright in his business dealings. He will be trustworthy and honest with those he comes in contact with.
Finally, wisdom will reveal "every good path" to those who have it. There are many directions in life that a man can go. There are numerous choices that he faces which, at first glance, may all seem acceptable, but in fact are not. Wisdom will show him the path that will bring the blessings of God and will put him in the place where he can best serve the Lord.
If these benefits sound like things that you want to have in your life, then get into the Word of God and start receiving the wisdom that the Lord desires to give you.
Pastor Mark J Montgomery